BBC News – Health BBC News – Health
- How many cases in your area?on 17 October 2021 at 4:03 pm
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
- Prof Sarah Gilbert, Covid vaccine creator: Now let’s take on 12 more diseaseson 16 October 2021 at 11:04 pm
Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert says medical science has transformed ambitions for new vaccines.
- Covid tests: I trusted my PCR resultson 15 October 2021 at 4:35 pm
People share their stories of having negative PCR tests after positive lateral flow results.
News – NHS England Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations
- NHS staff experience busiest September on recordby jboshell on 14 October 2021 at 8:30 am
NHS staff are continuing to increase the amount of non-urgent care provided to patients, despite experiencing the busiest September on record, new figures show today. Major A&Es treated over 1.39 million people during September – the highest ever for the month and all while staff cared for thousands of COVID patients. The new figures, published
- Plan set out to improve access for NHS patients and support GPsby jboshell on 13 October 2021 at 11:01 pm
The NHS, working closely with the Department of Health and Social Care, has today published a blueprint for improving access to GP appointments for patients alongside supporting GPs and their teams. Surgeries will be provided with additional funding to boost their capacity to increase the proportion of appointments delivered face to face, as part of
- NHS encourages pregnant women to get COVID-19 vaccineby jboshell on 10 October 2021 at 11:01 pm
The NHS is encouraging pregnant women to get the COVID-19 vaccine as new data shows that nearly 20 per cent of the most critically ill COVID patients are pregnant women who have not been vaccinated. Since July, one in five COVID patients receiving treatment through a special lung-bypass machine were expectant mums who have not
The King’s Fund blog posts Comment and analysis on the key issues in health and social care
- The latest on the NHS estateby esheffield on 14 October 2021 at 10:34 am
- The Health and Care Levy: what was announced and what does it mean for health spending?by lwestwood on 11 October 2021 at 10:36 am
- How much longer and further are health inequalities set to rise?by lwestwood on 9 October 2021 at 11:00 pm