BBC News – Health BBC News – Health
- Roe v Wade: Women travelling for abortions will be protected – Bidenon 2 July 2022 at 3:33 am
The US president warns some US states will attempt to arrest women crossing state lines for access.
- Special Covid leave scrapped for NHS England staffon 2 July 2022 at 12:23 am
The Royal College of Nursing said the decision shows “how little” the government valued NHS staff.
- Dame Deborah James death prompts more bowel-cancer checkson 1 July 2022 at 11:33 pm
The NHS website has had thousands more visits this week after the campaigner’s death.
News – NHS England Health and high quality care for all, now and for future generations
- NHS saves £1.2 billion on medicines over three yearsby jboshell on 1 July 2022 at 7:00 am
The NHS has saved taxpayers £1.2 billion in just three years, while securing cutting-edge treatments for patients, by using its buying power to negotiate better prices for hundreds of hospital medicines. The adoption of cheaper versions of a single drug – adalimumab – which is used to treat more than 45,000 patients with rheumatoid arthritis,
- NHS checks and treatment on patients’ doorsteps part of new changes to health and care in Englandby ewolstencroft on 30 June 2022 at 11:01 pm
Dedicated mental health staff to help children and young people in GP practices, and blood pressure checks in betting shops, are among initiatives devised and delivered by new integrated care systems that come fully into force today. Boosting health checks in the community to find people with health problems before they become seriously unwell is
- NHS in final push to treat longest waitersby jboshell on 26 June 2022 at 11:01 pm
Patients are being offered faster treatment in different parts of the country as part of an NHS ‘final push’ to virtually eliminate the number waiting two years or more. The NHS Elective Recovery Plan, published earlier this year, set out how the health service would address COVID-19 backlogs in treatment, initially focusing on the longest
The King’s Fund blog posts Comment and analysis on the key issues in health and social care
- Why should health policy matter to clinical staff?by smurphy on 28 June 2022 at 10:24 am
- Moving into the public health system of the future while learning from the past: lessons from Londonby smurphy on 21 June 2022 at 2:02 pm
- The Khan tobacco control review: a magic bullet for health inequalities?by smurphy on 16 June 2022 at 3:25 pm